FUNKYDADDY

“I`m going to be a big sister” Baby TWO on the way :)

I am delighted to announce guys the clock is now ticking until baby number two arrives into the Funky household in August and the excitement and panic have started already..

The prominent feelings are excitement, delight, anticipation and a little bit of fear!!

The impacts we need to start thinking about are,

Hope the baby arrives safe and well and is as easy to manage as number one,

What is the impact in us, as the first one was easy is the second one always going to be a terror? Is that a myth? I have just went back to work and doing the morning/evening routine with one is tough enough never mind working full time.

What is the impact going to be on Sarah? How will she adapt to being an older sister, I’m sure she will be great when they get a little older.

Another question, do many people find out the gender for their second child? I think its practical but maybe doesn’t lend itself to the mystique and anticipation of meeting your baby.

Ok that’s that off my chest I can now breath. Anyone any advice as to any of the above?

We were quite creative in how we broke the news dressing Sarah up in a nice dress with a baby grow underneath stating “I’m going to be a big sister” which delighted both family and friends alike..

D1

Now we just have to decide whether or not to find out the gender..

Should we find out the gender?

20 Comments

1. SuZ

Ahhhh a huge congratulations to you all! She will make a fab big sister!

1. Daddy1 (Post author)

Thank you, we are delighted and excited!

2. Tim

Congratulations! I *love* Sarah’s baby-gro! :-)

1. Daddy1 (Post author)

Thanks Tim, saw it online and thought I must have that.. Lol..

3. Mommy's Little Princesses

Congrats to you all and I’m sure Sarah will make a great big sister! For me I had to know if we were having a girl or boy both times. Hmmm as for second baby being a little terror this isn’t necessarily true, having said that I must admit Holly has turned out to be rather mischievous lol.xx

1. Daddy1 (Post author)

Thanks, I suppose a little mischief keeps you on your toes.. Lol..

4. MummyBio

Wow, congratulations!! I love that you announced using the baby-gro, such a lovely idea! =)

1. Daddy1 (Post author)

Thank you, we thought it was a great idea, certainly surprised our relatives…

5. Melody

Yay! Congratulations! I’m sure Sarah will be a fab big sister. I lover the baby-gro baby announcement too.

1. Daddy1 (Post author)

Thanks Melody, we are super excited!

6. Libby Price

Huge congratulations – and fab announcement method! Almost makes me want to have another one (but 5 would be ridiculous, as would another vasectomy reversal………) xx

1. Daddy1 (Post author)

Thank you and you really gave me a chuckle, I’m wondering how I’m gonna cope with two never mind four.

7. Jim (OneDadOneBlog)

Congratulations first and foremost.

As a recent dad of baby number two… I can safely say, yes, the second one will feel worse, will sleep worst, will be so so so much hard work with two…. but you know what, its so worth it and you’ll love it!

Congrats again x

1. Daddy1 (Post author)

Cheers Jim, I’m sure we will get through, must start stockpiling sleep.. Lol..

8. HonestMum

Huge congrats, exciting times. You’re love truly multiplies with 2 (I remember worrying it would divide) and life is busy-as Kim K’s Mum says, ‘2 is like 22’. I really need to stop watching old re-reruns of Keeping up with the Kardashians. Thanks for linking up x

1. Daddy1 (Post author)

Thanks honest mum, such an exciting time with so much untold joy ahead!

9. Debs @ Super Busy Mum

Oh my goodness, how cute is your little button and the wee bodysuit she’s wearing! Love it. Congratulations on baby#2!!

1. Daddy1 (Post author)

10. Jean

Congratulations! It’s good to meet another NI blogger. As a mum of 2 girls I can tell you that it’s generally easier 2nd time round however it’s more tiring since you’ve got to keep the oldest child entertained.

1. Daddy1 (Post author)

Thanks Jean, can’t wait, it’s sure to be a challenge but certainly one we can enjoy.