I was nominated for the above award about one month ago now and have been delayed replying, sorry. I was nominated by the brilliant Matt who has blogs on The UnsimpleLife, an awesome blog about his quirky experiences as a first time dad, I recommend you check it out,http://wp.me/5kgrw.
Thank you for the nomination, I was truly surprised!
I do however feel bad that it has taken me so long to reply, this was due to Christmas and my daughter now crawling (everywhere) and teething in some pain. This is why I apologise that I have completed most of the tasks of being nominated but cant do all as I cant find the time, it has taken me over a month to compose this reply, little by little……
Accepting the award means l need to complete certain things.Firstly, l need to answer some questions about myself, secondly l need to tell you eleven random facts about myself, and thirdly l need to nominate some other blogs that l like. Here we go…..
1. What do you like to blog about?
I like to blog about my experiences of taking additional paternity leave in the UK which is quiet a novelty since inception. I have an 8 month old daughter who is my inspiration for my blog.
2. If you could have dinner with any three people, alive or dead, who would you choose and why?
Duncan Ferguson, an Everton footballing great and one of all time heroes. My two grandparents who had passed before I was born, to get to know them.
3. If you could travel anywhere tomorrow, where would you go?
I have already travelled quite a bit and been to some amazing places both as a backpacker and with my wife. Would really like to see South America which has eluded me so far.
4. How do you measure success?
In friends, quite simple. When I was leaving from Cairns in Australia when travelling in 2003 our group had grown from 3 in America to 20 ish in Oz, I said to my friends, “It is not the places I have seen or the things I have done but the people who I met along the way which has made this journey unforgettable!”
5. Do you have any regrets in life?
Yeah, not picking a vocational degree!!
6. If you had one super power, what would it be?
Invisibility, to hear what people say behind your back. (And to get in free to places too 🙂 )
7. What cartoon character do you identify with most?
Probably Scooby Doo, a bit clumsy but gets the result in the end.
8. What was your favorite past time as a kid?
Playing football in the street till dark, a joy kids today will never have with mobiles and tablets etc..
9. What does it mean to be happy?
To sleep soundly at night and want to get out of bed in the morning.
10. What do you wish they taught in school?
Financial management and people interaction skills.
11. What is your ideal day?
Up late, croissants, TV, play with kids, make and enjoy nice family dinner (I enjoy cooking) bit of football on the TV, few glasses of a nice french red and then maybe an Irish coffee before bed after a great movie thriller..
11 Random Facts About Myself
1. I have lost a day of my life.
2. I have OCD.
3. I dislike cats, they are sneaky.
4. I once won an award for poetry.
5. I haven`t watched Frozen, yet!
6. I was once mistaken for the guy from the streets.
7. I cant swim.
8. I have stayed awake for 3 days solid, I think.
9. My blog is a secret to my family.
10. I once left my job one day and went travelling a few days later with no plan for coming back.
11. I take really irrational dislikes to people sometimes.
Thanks for reading,